Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Newborn & Infant sessions

Until recently I have treated all my newborn/infant/children sessions the same, no matter what the age of the child. I offered children sessions which covered any age. I decided to separate my sessions according to age groups to make things easier to prepare for sessions. So the sessions I am now offering are: Newborn (birth to two weeks), Infant (over two weeks to before they start crawling), Children (master crawlers and up). The newborn and infant sessions now consist of a combination of "posed" portraits and lifestyle portraits. When I say "posed" for the infant sessions I am not saying I am forcing the child to sit a certain way - it just means I am having more control over the background of the image by placing them where I want. My newborn sessions are for children still young enough to sleep through the sessions and are still curling up. My typical children session consists of me following the child around and creating images while they are exploring there world! This style of course is still a part of my newborn and infant sessions as far as family interaction in their home or yard. I now have separate "preparation" sheets for each type of session so that you know exactly how our session will go and what to do to prepare for it. Makes things a lot easier for everyone! :)

No comments: