Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Tips on what to (and not to) wear

Ok so the most popular question is "what should we wear?" and I am more than happy to help you when I arrive at your home.
But here are some tips to help you:


Please wear:

Comfortable (expect to walk around, play with your children, etc)
Casual (my style of photography is not formal so dress for the images!!!)
Coordinate the family with colors:
  • Lights and darks of the same color(s) etc.
Coordinate the family with footwear:
  • All barefoot
  • All sandals, sneakers etc
Solids
Simple patterns
Jeans
Casual khakis




Please do NOT wear:

Wild patterns
White shirts (or pants)
Heels, dressy shoes
Shirts with text/writing/large logo
The same shirt for kids, same shirt for all
Formal anything
Matchy matchy outfits (you want to mix it up a bit)
Really bright colors



Here are a few good examples:

Note that this family chose to wear blues and browns.  They are all wearing jeans. 




This family decided on blues with the same khaki colored bottoms.  Everyone is barefoot.



 This family also decided on blue (I think I am starting to see a theme here! ;) ) for their main color.  They also added in a splash of color on the child.  
Mom and Dad are wearing similar color/earth tone flip flops. 



This family decided to go with white for the dad (I try to stay away from white shirts but it worked for this family - if I were to go back i would ask the dad to change into a gray or black) 
and black for the mom, and pink for big sister.  
For baby sister they have an accent of pink that matches big sister in the pattern of her shirt. 
They are all barefoot.




This family chose browns.  The shirts aren't exact.  They threw in some color on baby (it is hard to see on this photo, I know) but baby also has brown in his outfit)
Both parents are wearing similar color sandals.



I will be using this blog entry as an ongoing tool for families to refer to, 
so I will be updating when needed.











No comments: